Today's Forecast: Gloomy and depressing. No one is getting any work done today. All of the recent success that the Patriots have had these last few years made me forget how much it hurts to lose a big game. As I lay in bed last night not able to sleep, I had a couple of thoughts:
- Where was the Pat's offensive line last night? Are the Giants just that good?
- This was the first time in the Brady era where the Pats score the go-ahead touchdown with less than 3 minutes left in the game and I felt there was too much time left on the clock.
- Second game in a row where the cameras panned to Brady sulking on the sideline. Where was the kid who got so pumped up his team followed him anywhere?
- How the heck did Eli not get sacked on that last drive, and make a 40 yard completion to David Tyree who caught it with his helmet? 9 times out of 10, either Eli goes down or the pass doesn't get caught, and game over.
- We're now going to be subjected to commercials featuring the Manning brothers for the next ten years. As my friend Craig says, time to find another sport to watch, like curling.
- It's a lot easier to ignore all of the Spygate garbage when your team is undefeated. Today it's not as much fun.
But wow, what a game, it just turned out a little wrong. Congratulations, Giants.